Thursday, June 30, 2011

Is that a waist I see??!!

It's been a great week and a half since my last post!  I somehow managed to survive that remaining days on my liquid only diet.  Getting a nasty cold with a terrible sore throat definitely helped keep away any thoughts of actually wanting to eat anything.
 
I had an appointment with with the dietician at the bariatric office this past monday, 6/27/11, and was finally allowed to start eating mushy foods!  It was seriously one of the best days of my entire life!  I found a recipe for a delish sounding shrimp salad so I made that Sunday along with a cucumber (ground up to applesauce consistency).  The salad wound up not being as good as I had hoped so for the rest of this week I have been eating a Buffalo Chicken Salad.  For right now I am still drinking two protein shakes a day as meals and the one mushy meal, which is 3 oz of a protein & 3 oz mushy vegetable.  I go back for my next appointment 7/8 to see the dietician and can move onto eating regular foods!

 This weekend is the 4th of July and Peter's parents are having a big BBQ on Sunday.  My parent's will be coming up for the day and actually our families will be meeting for the first time!! Pretty exciting :-)  I was a little concerned about how I would be at the BBQ with eating but if I made it through almost a whole month of only drinking protein shakes I can get through ANYTHING.  I plan on bringing my shakes & my 3 oz protein & 3 oz veg, maybe have a little fruit as a snack. 

To date I have lost 18 lbs in 23 days post-op and can actually see my waist beginning to show in pic!! when I measured last week I had also lost about 10 inches!! 


Hope everyone has a Happy & Safe 4th of July!!!

1 comment:

  1. Oh my gosh Dana, I totally see your waist!!! Way to go!!
    Jenni Lynn

    ReplyDelete