Tuesday, July 19, 2011

6 weeks post-op

Exactly 6 weeks ago I went through one of the BIGGEST & BEST decisions of my life ( to date). I am down a total of 25 lbs and roughly 20 inches.  I am wearing clothes I have not worn in quite a while, its like I am going shopping in my own closet!  Today I even was able to wear little kitten heels to work and keep them on all day (I usually wear sneakers since my feet hurt all the time).  Its amazing what a big difference just the 25 lbs gone is making While there were some days in the first few weeks where I honestly thought I wouldn't make it through, I came out stronger on the other side :-)

I have been eating regular solid foods now for 10 days for 1 meal a day.  My daily food intake consists of 2 protein shakes, for either breakfast & lunch or breakfast & dinner, 1 snack, either 3 oz 1% cottage cheese or plain nonfat greek yogurt, & 1 meal of 3 oz lean protein on top of a 6 oz salad.  Never before would I have believe so little food would fill me and keep me full all day.  While my body will let me know when its near the 4 hour mark from my last meal, in between I rarely ever feel actual hunger.  The combination of low carbs (which suppresses cravings) & the actual lapband suppressing my appetite helps keep me from wanting to eat all the junk that got me here in the first place.  I can sit at a table surrounded by people eating pizza and be perfectly content with my salad / protein.  Do I still want that pizza? Maybe a little part of me does, but I signed up for this journey knowing it was going to be a long ride and I want it to run as smoothly as possible.

Made an appointment at the gym today to speak with the personal trainer on staff so he can help customize a workout routine for me.  I have a lot of work to do LOL!! I have another appointment tomorrow for him to show me a few machines.  Once I get all the machines down my plan is to hopefully set up some 1 on 1 sessions with him for a few weeks.  I definitely need to make time for working out.  Everyone keeps suggesting walking, but I find that soooooooo boring.  I do much better when I have a routine that I can stick too. 

Still hard to believe I am 6 weeks out from surgery...hoping my journey continues as smoothly as it has been :-)

2 comments:

  1. Love the photo! Holy Waist girl!!! That is amazing!!! I am so happy for you and very proud of you!!
    Keep up the good work!
    Jenni Lynn

    ReplyDelete