Friday, June 8, 2012

One whole year under my belt!!!

I can honestly say I have not idea where the last year has gone!!!!  Seems like just yesterday I was going through all my pre-op appts and getting all that done.  I can not believe that today marks my 1 year "banderversary"!!!!  I have been living with this band for the past year and will say until I am blue in the face that this was the BEST decision I have ever made!

Over the past few months my weight loss has slowed but as of this morning I am down 92 lbs since day of surgery.  When I started this journey I wore size 2XL tops and size 24 pants, I now wear a size 10 (almost an 8) pants and small shirt!!!  I still have 39 more lbs to go and plan on getting my butt in gear to drop that last bit as quick as possible. 

One year ago I could not have imagined getting to this point.  Has it all be easy.............. NO! But it has all been worth it!!!  I gladly share my experience with anyone who asks so please feel free to message me with any questions!




The compliments from friends and family never get old, in fact they are what motivates me to keep on track.  I love the surprised look on my patients faces when they realize its me!  For my next blog I am going to come up with a list of all the positive things that have changed over this past year :-)  

5 comments:

  1. Hello so glad you posted today I needed a great success story. I'm just way upset this week... I am 2 weeks post op and have completely at a standstill in the scale since last Saturday. I just cannot understand why ..

    Your pics are amazing... And I can only hope to have the same success.

    Congratulations on your 1 year.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the dress for your pic above, sooooo cute

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks Michelle!! If you are only 2 weeks post-op I would not be so concerned about the stand still yet. Your body is adjusting to a major change and may be trying to hold on to whatever it can. If you have introduced a little food it may slow for a few days. Hang in there!! It's totally worth all the frustration!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow! You look stunning. You must feel amazeeee! I just recently got surgery and was curious on how much you exercised (if at all) and what parts in this journey you found particularly difficult to overcome?

    Best of luck with your continued successes!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi, I absolutely love your blog. I'm 5 months post op and just had my 4th adjustment I'm at 6 1/2 cc and I can barely drink water... I had been trying to eat some of the same foods but its just impossible so today I decided to have a protein shake in the mornings and eat soups from here on out. can you help me with what your eating now and how many cc's you have in now because my two friends keeps telling me that chips are really the only thing you can eat that wont bother you and Im like this can't be true or healthy

    ReplyDelete